Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Facts and figures: on the Sodomites’ Parade

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/letters/book-reform-fels-reading-from-the-same-old-page-20090217-8a7c.html?page=-1

I’m going to start posting at this blog some interesting facts and figures that I see in the media, not necessarily with any additional comment from me (though you, my readers, are always welcome to comment), so don’t be surprised if you see me posting quotations, links or whatever without further explanation. Today I read the following letter to The Sydney Morning Herald:

Mardi Gras money

Brad Ruting (Letters, February 13) says this is the first year any government has provided funding to the Mardi Gras. The City of Sydney has been a financial supporter of Mardi Gras for 10 years. Our current sponsorship is worth $120,000 in cash and $120,000 in kind a year.

Clover Moore, MP Lord Mayor, City of Sydney
Reginaldvs Cantvar
Feast of St. Simeon, Bishop, Martyr, A.D. 2009

No comments: